Monday, May 28, 2012

Il Colosseo... and other things.

So I went to the Colosseum today! It was amazing. For something you see all the time on TV and in pictures you think that it's sort of big, but then you see it and you're staring at it like

Almost as crazy as 1.21 gigawatts.

Sadly though, it was raining the whole time we were there. And chilly. Not a super awesome Colosseum expedition but we may be going back tomorrow to see it, the Forum, and some other historical monument whose name escapes me. And it's supposed to be sunny. So we shall see.

I went to my first Italian mass the other day. Well, sort of.

After searching endlessly for the mass times, I finally found one that said it started at 10:30. So we get there at 10:35. Not enough to miss most of the service, right? 

Apparently the mass actually started at 10 and we were just incredibly late watching the Italians say the Our Father in a different language and me and my roommates standing there like stooges. Sooo maybe next time there will hopefully be a translation. Or a cue card. Or something.

Went to a flea market after that and bought some sandals. Tonight I'll be getting some dinner and walking around... and of course, putting all the calories I worked off walking back into my body by eating gelato.

#americanforeignstudentproblems

No comments:

Post a Comment