Friday, May 11, 2012

Preparations

So it's official. I leave for Italy in 8 days.

EIGHT. DAYS.

Where did the time go? Beats me. I feel like I just got home like, two days ago. When really it was two weeks ago.

After trying to purchase the ticket all day yesterday (and using 3 different cards because the first two wouldn't work) I finally got to booking a weekend trip for the island of Capri, Sorrento, and Pompeii. My inner Humanities nerd is freaking out. But really, it's much more than historical - black sand beaches, wine tasting, private boat tours... this weekend has it all. Basically almost everything I wanted to do will be in that weekend.

Of course, there's still a couple places on my list, and without realizing it, my weekends are filling up fast.

First, the Vatican. Of course, I won't really have to worry about that because
a) we'll be living practically RIGHT NEXT TO IT.
and b) we're getting a tour of the Vatican Museum while we're there. Like, what?

Second (and probably most obvious), Calabria. The region my grandpa was born in. I don't really care if I have to travel on my own to get there, I plan on getting my butt there somehow.

Third would be, well, anywhere I can get to within my budget. Even though we'll already be in Roma itself.

But I still have a lot to do in the week I have left. I have to pick up my euros, get out and buy things for the trip (because I think toothpaste is pretty darn important), and of course see everyone I possibly can before leaving. Oh, and eating American food.

yup.

I would say apple pie... but I don't really like apple pie...

But now I must go. I have some phone calls to make before I go to lunch with the best friend I haven't seen since January. Then possibly either going to see the Hunger Games or (what I would prefer) seeing The Avengers... for the third time. Because I have an obsession with that movie...

Or maybe just these two...

No comments:

Post a Comment