Sunday, May 20, 2012

And the journey begins...

What I learned about long distance flights:
- The food isn't extremely bad...
- They at least give you good movie choices. (I watched Captain America AND Beauty and the Beast. Aww yeah.)
- The flight attendants (and everyone else in the airport, for that matter) are very, very miserable people.

Oh yeah, and I really don't like long distance flights.

On the bright side, I got to watch good movies, a flight attendant reminded me faintly of Robert Downey Jr., and the kid sitting beside me looked like a mix of Bruno Mars and this kid that was in one of my classes last semester. Actually I have no idea how that's on the bright side. It's just kinda there.

I really wish I would've taken my camera today when I was going on excursions with some people in the group. We ate our first real Italian pizza - there was a really thin layer of cheese and you could taste the olive oil. Then we went walking around, saw a football (soccer ball, in 'Merrican terms) among other trash floating in a river (disgusting, really) and possibly a bagillion places selling pizza and booze. We even saw the Colosseum from a distance but then it started to rain so we had to go back. Sad, sad times.

Tonight there's a dinner and then I'm probably collapsing on my bed until tomorrow morning. Literally collapsing. Jet lag's no fun. And the plane was so crampy I couldn't get comfortable.

I decided today that taking a flight first class will be put on my bucket list for that reason.

Really though, words can't describe how blessed I feel to have this opportunity. It will be the start of something fantastic, I can just feel it.

Hope all you readers in 'Merrica are well. And if you aren't, you should be.

1 comment:

  1. First class=no adventure. The rest of your time can only go up now, right? God bless and enjoy; auguri!

    ReplyDelete