Friday, March 2, 2012

Life and other such things.

Tonight I began reading one of my favorite chapter books from middle school that I found while searching for books for work at Carnegie Library. It was so refreshing reading something for fun and not having to analyze it.

Even when I was at home I was too caught up in everything else to just sit down and read. And, for those of you with me over the summer, know that the one time I actually tried doing so, I sat out a little too long and got caught up a little too much into the book and ended up with a nasty sunburn.

Reading on my own bed under a lightbulb is much healthier... and comfier.

I bought my plane ticket the other day for Italy. As many of you already know, I'm certain. I find it so hard to believe that I'll be going in two and a half short months. Around 78 or 79 days, according to the ticker on the website I bought the ticket from. As if I needed to know how many days it would be.

Just as I was contemplating the idea of happiness a few days ago (thanks to creeping on this guy's blog from a few years ago... as I explained in the last post), here I am doing the same. As much as I would like to be home with my family and soak up the time I have before I leave, I kinda needed this time to myself for some good R&R.

Man, I sound like I'm leaving forever. I'm most definitely not. Sorry if that's disappointing for some of you.

At the beginning of the year, I started reading a meditation-type book called "God is in the Little Things, and it All Matters." I haven't picked it up in quite some time, because well, I just haven't had the time to. But I guess in the hustle and bustle of midterms I didn't really think about it. I was too caught up in trying to find time to do everything I needed to do (and most I probably didn't get to). Even though, thinking about it, that may have been my main problem.

Well, my main problem was not having enough hours in one day to accomplish everything, so I guess it's a close second?

Long story short: this break is needed. Even if I'll be doing a little bit of work over break, it will be a good time to kick back, catch up on Heroes (and of course, this reading), and not have to think about exams or studying or work for a while. I doubt I can get that genuine sense of happiness that I talked about in my last post (seriously, go read it.) but you know, it's something to achieve.

Happiness is in the little things. Like waking up to the sun breaking through the clouds.

It's one of the most beautiful images to me. It's like God playing hide-and-seek with you or something. It's a terrible metaphor, I know. But I just can't describe it. Out of probably any part of nature, it's the one thing I will never tire of seeing.

Probably untrue, since I'll be looking down on the Atlantic ocean in a few weeks. But you know what I mean.

Honestly this post has no point. I wanted to take a break from my book (which I started a couple of hours ago and I'm already halfway through...) and felt like saying hi.

Embrace the little things in life. It's so worth it.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for telling me about you buying the italy ticket.

    he mad?

    Oh I a little mad

    :)

    ReplyDelete