Saturday, March 24, 2012

Hello, spring... I mean, summer.

I'm sitting here in my room sweating like a dog because there is no air circulation and/or AC in Lothrop. Such is one of the reasons why I cannot wait to live in the Camelot.

I can't even begin to tell you how pretty awesome my life is at the moment. I would say there is nothing that could go wrong, but alas, that would be a lie.

At this point though, I feel like the good balances out the bad. And that's all that matters right?

I just need to learn to kick back and let things happen. It was always a problem of mine, because I can be pretty darn impatient when it comes to myself (ironically, I like to think I'm patient with everyone else. Just myself.) Recently there was a situation and I would talk about it and say "I just don't know what to do about it." and my friends would say "Do nothing."

Let me tell you: that is easier said than done.

Not that I can really DO anything. It's one of those situations where you just kind of have to sit and regretfully take things in stride. Which is a complete pain in the butt.

For me, anyways.

In much lighter news, it's less than 60 days until I leave for Italy. And I feel like those less than 60 days will come creeping up much sooner than I expect. But, at least it will be a happy surprise.

This weather has been awesome. Being able to sit out in the sun for two hours with my friends to walking to Squirrel Hill and back last night to get ice cream at Cold Stone. And now today. Dinner with the Pitt in Italy kids and then what Yaleh calls "Prom" (just because we're dressing up in formalwear). And if the weather holds up, maybe going to a game at the Pete with Laura. That's a pretty big maybe, though. Stupid rain destroying my plans.......

In other words, life is pretty much awesome. Sure there's some stuff that isn't so awesome, but if there was absolutely nothing wrong in your life, then I feel like that's sort of a problem.

That makes me sound like I'm such a downer. I think it's the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment