Sunday, March 18, 2012

I need to say something.

You know what ticks me off more than anything?

People who lead other people on.

I'm not singling out guys, even though I obviously have only had experience with men doing that... BUT. I know girls who have done so too. And you know what?

It sucks being on the short end of that stick.

It sucks a lot, actually. And usually, unless you've actually gone through it, you don't know how much it absolutely stinks.

Sure a compliment is nice once in a while. But you know. If you start calling someone "adorable" or "cute" or "hun" all the time, don't you think that's sending the wrong message?

I dunno, call me crazy, but as for us girls, we get thrown for a loop about EVERYTHING. Because we as women tend to think about stuff way more than it should be thought about. And, granted, that's not a good thing to begin with. But when there is no thought process behind what you're saying, I don't want to hear it.
I know we don't use 100% of our brains, but could you please use the part that we do use and think a little?

I'm not saying we don't make mistakes. We do. Things happen and you don't know that things will be perceived a certain way. It happens to all of us. But if you like someone, let them know. Don't play games with other people, because it hurts them. A lot.

I REALLY needed to get that out.

1 comment:

  1. Truth.

    One of the most frustrating things in life is trying to decipher between someone who likes you and someone who's just friendly. But I think there are definite things you can do to not give off that vibe. I've personally tried to stop giving compliments [as much]. Sounds mean, but I think it makes them more meaningful when I do give them. I mean yeah like I assume girls enjoy being told they're beautiful (out of the box thinking right there), but seriously how many profile pics have I seen of a girl where the comments are like 20 people (girl friends, guy friends, guys who may have a thing for her, guys she may have a thing for) go like "aww you're gorgeous". Really how meaningful are all those comments?

    -Rant City

    ReplyDelete