Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Been a while, hasn't it?

I'M BAAAAACK.

And as I'm sure you, the lovely reader, knows, I GOT ACCEPTED. And I'm hoping and praying that I will get the scholarship I'm going into a meeting for in a couple of weeks.

I can't believe this is happening. It just seems so unreal. In 4 and a half months I will be basically fulfilling my dream of travelling to bell'Italia itself.

But then I wonder what my new dream will be. I mean, being the crazy Tangled fanatic I am, it's like they said in the movie: "You find a new dream." But I guess I'll figure that out when the time comes.

I apologize for not giving you the brain spillage that is my blog lately. The semester has finally kicked in full swing and it's just one thing after another after another (and another...) But here is what you missed, just in case:

The "Awkward Middle School Dance" Dance was on Saturday, and it was beyond amazing. I think one of my favorite things to do is just get out on a dance floor and go crazy. Heck, I don't even have to be intoxicated. It's that great. Plus the opportunities of dancing to 90's classics come say, once or twice every few years? And by few, I mean a lot. So it was completely necessary to go insane right? Plus, the Backstreet Boys AND the Spice Girls were all there. It was super cray.

Groundhog Day was a few days before that. It was strange being home and knowing that my college friends were there too. (Or, in Emily's case, in my childhood bed back home, as she was most of the time...)

I started working for America Reads in full swing about a week ago. I have 2 kids that I tutor and one doesn't like to sit still. It will be an interesting semester, to say the least...

I signed an apartment lease with 3 other girls yesterday for the Camelot, which is basically this really nice apartment building in the nice part of Oakland (if there even is one) and they're pretty hard to get into because they get filled up pretty quickly. Nice, right???

Things as far as classes go have been pretty calm. That is, in comparison to other weeks when I have 4 exams in a matter of 2 days. And that will be at the end of the month so I guess a good time to start studying is... now? In between my lesson plans for work, my bible study, and trying to have a social life. I think I need to start kicking my proverbial academic butt soon...

Things are looking up, and I must say, I'm highly enjoying myself. Even though I can't wait for spring break to get here so I can just kick back, relax, and (maybe) catch up on sleep... Maybe. Much love to you all and thank you for the continual prayers/positive juju throughout the last couple of weeks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment